J&J Marine in South Haven MN is currently seeking a Marine Technician. Certification in Mercury, Yamaha, Suzuki or Evinrude is preferred but not required. J&J Marine is a full service marine dealership in central Minnesota’s Heart of the Lakes area.
We carry Alumacraft boats, Aqua Patio and Sweetwater pontoons by Godfrey Marine. We carry Mercury, Yamaha, Suzuki and Evinrude outboards. We also carry Hustler lawn equipment, and docks and lifts from Porta-Dock/Porta-Lift.
• Technician will troubleshoot, diagnose and repair engines and lower units, marine systems, related electrical equipment, boats and trailers.
• Perform all preventative marine engine maintenance (I.E. oil changes, break in services, annual services and inspections, lower unit services, cable replacements, etc).
• Technician will conduct routine fluid changes, install batteries, engine instrument panel wiring and installations.
• Perform and complete marine repair work within established time frame.
• Attend continuing education classes and training for our brands.
• Must have prior experience working as a Marine Technician.
• Certification in Mercury, Yamaha, Suzuki and Evinrude is preferred.
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of marine engine maintenance, installation and repair.
• Must be self-motivated, personable, highly dependable and have solid follow-up skills.
J&J Marine offers benefits and desirable, comfortable and fun working conditions in a clean, well maintained up to date shop.